Jan 5, 2018

Free Tip Friday: Let's make some Wire Earrings!

Hey Gang!

On Free Tip Friday today we had a bunch of fun creating a mixed media earring with Wire and Irish Waxed Linen.


My inspiration came from member Tracey Watsen, in our Facebook Group, Beadshop Community: The Bead Table. (If you'd like to join, click here and answer three questions.) Thanks so much Tracey for your inspiration and talent. I have added the photo of her creations below.

Great job Tracey!!!

Here are the materials I used for my version of the earring:






One thing I wanted to note when I was making the second pair,  in the first step of wrapping the beads with the waxed linen, I went back through the beads to secure them so they are not loose. Kind of like securing your first stitches in a ladder bracelet. Take a look at the following photo to check out what I mean.

Check out the entire tutorial in the video below and let me know what you make with this technique... I'd love to see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flash Sale Friday...get creative!

Last week Kate went shopping for some special strands at a local gem show, and she brought back six stone strands she couldn't live with...