Sep 19, 2018

The Best of FB Live...Laddering and Infinity Stitch

It's Wednesday, and Miss Kate is on vacation! I hope she's relaxing, doesn't she deserve it?

As you know, we took a break with our FB Lives and had been re-posting some oldies-but-goodies instead, along with our usual special sale and some new ideas for the project. So, here's one more "Best of" blog to get us through Kate's vacation week!

So let's take a peek back at what beadshop.com is known for: Laddering!  You can ladder with just about anything, but we like to keep it simple with Tricks to Laddering. My mother always told me to use "the KISS method" when designing and crafting...have you heard of it? With a sly smile she'd say "K-I-S-S...Keep It Simple, Stupid!" It always cracks me up! But, it really is good advice...there is a real beauty to simplicity.
Happy beading!


Personally, I like to use KO thread doubled and Infinity Stitch when I ladder. I also decided to add a briolette instead of a charm, because I just love briolettes and can't get enough!


HAZELNUT


























1 Button Eyes- Copper
1 Spool KO Thread Natural
1 Pkg 1.5mm Metallic Pyrite Indian Leather
1 Strand 6mm Fossil Coral Rounds
1 Strand 4mm Fossil Coral Rounds
1 Strand 4mm Jet Bronze Picasso
1 Pyrite Briolette and 26G Vintage Bronze ParaWire


BUMBLEBEE

























Organic Bee Button- Antique Silver
1 Spool KO Thread- Dark Grey
1 Pkg 1.5mm Surfer Cord- Gray
1 Strand 6mm Labradorite
1 Strand Shadows-Silver Plate
1 Strand 4mm Jonquil
Lemon Quartz Briolette and 26G Titanium ParaWire

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flash Sale Friday...get creative!

Last week Kate went shopping for some special strands at a local gem show, and she brought back six stone strands she couldn't live with...