Aug 10, 2018

The Best of Free Tip Friday...Working With Bib Components!

It's Friday! It's Friday! As you know, we're taking a summer break from FB Lives and Free Tip Fridays and will be re-posting some old faves with some new ideas instead.

This Friday I thought we could revisit Working With Bib Components, where Kate made this FAB necklace she called Silk Road. Her original blog post with the episode and all the ingredients can be found here.

This is one of my favorite necklaces, and it's so great for a summer night out with a cute sundress or paired with jeans and a cardigan heading into fall. Below are some ideas for new designs...in one I have used the same bib component Kate did, which we call Modern Woman, in a new colorway. I also created a couple new recipes using our other bib component, called Boho Bib, which is smaller and I think more on the feminine side. My favorite clasp, Round and Round, is in all three. It's so easy to put on, even for a butterfingers like me. Add .14 Soft Flex, crimps and crimp covers, wire guardians, and headpins and eye pins in coordinating metals and you are good to go. I can't wait to see what you create...share in our FB Group, please!
Enjoy!


Ginger
 1 Boho Bib Component- Antique Copper
1 Strand From Childhood 8mm Carnelian Rounds
1 Pkg Turquoise Tassels
1 Strand Temple- Copper
1 Strand 6mm Czech Melons- Sapphire and Bronze
1 Pkg Czech Bugles- Crystal Bronze Copper
1 Round and Round Clasp- Copper
Soft Flex and Findings
Headpins and Eye Pins





I envision this piece as mostly coppers and oranges...the Temple beads are a fave of mine and a great alternative to Little Shadows or heishi. I'd love them in-between each Carnelian 8mm round as well as hanging fro the bib with the Bugles and Melons. A splash of blue is unexpected and brightens the palette up.




Cindy
1 Modern Woman Component- Antique Silver
1 Strand Onyx 8mm Rounds
1 Pkg Grey Tassels
1 Pkg Little Silver Sands
1 Strand 8mm Czech Rondelles- Black
1 Tube 8-576 Dyed Smoky Opal S/L Alabaster
1 Round and Round Clasp- Silver
Soft Flex and Findings
Headpins and Eye Pins




I love the classic black and silver combo...always elegant. Instead of bugles and metal beads I've got my favorite seed bead here, Dyed Smoky Opal Silver Lined Alabaster...that's a mouthful! But it's a beaut and it's my fave! Nestled between the onyx rounds and stacked on headpins or eye pins instead of bugles...yass! I'd also love to see these Little Silver Sands used...maybe above the tassels? What do you think?




Kimberly

1 Boho Bib Component- Antique Brass
1 Strand Matte Green Aventurine 8mm Rounds
1 Pkg Beige Tassels
1 Strand 3mm Czech Melons- Ultra Luster Opaque Green
1 Strand Little Shadows- Bright Brass
1 Tube BGL2-2035 Matte Metallic Khaki Iris
1 Round and Round Clasp- Brass
Soft Flex and Findings
Headpins and Eye Pins



Green is always fresh and inviting. While Kate loves to mix her metals, I love to mix my finishes...antiqued with bright, matte with shine...it's something a little different and interesting. I went back to Kate's original Little Shadows here, but switched the Czech Glass up...I couldn't resist the tiny 3mm melons...they are too cute!

Happy beading, everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Flash Sale Friday...get creative!

Last week Kate went shopping for some special strands at a local gem show, and she brought back six stone strands she couldn't live with...