Sep 29, 2017

Free Tip Friday: Green Girl + Leather + Chain = a necklace classic!

Today on Free Tip Friday, I went way back int the archives and created a piece based on my "Sundance Choker" class from The Bead Shop days. This necklace had a little bit of everything... some chain, some beads, leather, charms and a lot of imagination!


Boho Beauty by Kate Richbourg
 Here is a list of the materials and tools I used in the project:

Chain
Little Lentil- Antique Silver
Two Lanterns- Vintage Silver
Circle Back- Antique Copper 

Leather
Distressed Denim- 1.0mm Indian
Olive Drab- 1.5mm Indian

C-Lon
Sage - Regular C-Lon


Tools
Xuron Thread & Cord Scissor

Maxi- Shear Flush Wire Cutter

The idea behind a project like this is to flex that creativity muscle!


In the video, I go over how I chose my bead palette and the "winding path" that I take to come up with this final design.


There are a lot of great tips & tricks to mix it up and create your own Boho Beauty!


I am really pleased with the final result. 
Detail of the leather and chain connection.

Detail of the silk wrapped dangles.

Detail of the button and loop connection.

Check out the entire broadcast below and let me know if you create your own "Boho Beauty!" I can't wait to see what you make. -Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flash Sale Friday...get creative!

Last week Kate went shopping for some special strands at a local gem show, and she brought back six stone strands she couldn't live with...