Oct 4, 2017

Connections 10.4.17

Hey gang! My apologies for how long it's taken me to get another collection posted here...it's not for lack of submissions, though! It was just a hectic time...which actually means I have SO much to show you! You've all been busily beading away and getting creative. Just wait till you see what we've got in store today...




Lynn C. submits another winner from Rancho Palos Verdes, CA. Recently, she shared her take on Kate's Leather & Looming wrap. She used 5mm strap leather from her own stash, 11/0 Durocoat Silver Seed Beads, 11/0 Picasso Seafoam Green Seed Beads,  and Crystal Fireline.  Lynn used her Deep Dish Design Tray to loom, and as she says, "probably won't use my loom again as it was so much easier.  Thanks for all the wonderful lessons and tips!  I learn so much each time I watch the videos." 


Lynn's skills with Superduos are also incredible. She can not only tame those tricky little guys into behaving just right, she's got an eye for color and design and she puts it to good use. Here, she has created a two-wrap bracelet that's a mix of Lauren Hartman's Herringbone Wrap and Janice's Seashore designs. Between her two "legs" of Metallic Gray Leather she's laddered her Superduos with Fireline in Smoke Grey. Her Superduo colors came form her own stash, they are Chalk Lazure Blue and Opaque Blue Picasso.
"I really love this Herringbone pattern and I used another pattern reversing the colors on the second half. "
We love it too, Lynn!



Continuing with this Superduo theme, I want to show off Cindy L.'s gorgeous Pathways. Cindy, from Liberty, NY, made her Pathways using Jet Metallic Suede Dark Brown and Crystal Capri Gold Matte (to DIE for!) with 8/0s in Dark Mauve Matte! With a Giant Sunflower button, I think this is a gorgeous Autumn bracelet...the colors are perfect and it's so lovely. Cindy says " I bead like I cook -- begin with a recipe and then play with it." That's a great way to look at it!




Peta from Down Under checked in with us, too! From South Australia, she sends us a really great take on Herringbone with Superduos, using one of our fabulous Superduo mixes to achieve a great look. She and I expressed a mutual love for this style of mixed colors. I've made a Herringbone using the Sylvan Woods Mix, myself, and it's fabulous. But now I want to do what Peta did, and use the Raku Mix. It's so fun! Along with 6/0 Picasso Seafoam Miyukis and Tilas in Mustard, Opaque Turquoise Green, and Burnt Sienna, her three-wrap bracelet is a showstopper. Her single wrap Herringbone on the right uses the gorgeous Picasso Opaque Green Superduos. Thanks for sharing, Peta!




Another bead mix in action: the Unions White Opaque Funky Orchid looks fantastic in Peyote! Look at how Krista from Windsor, ON, used them. She had a button in her stash given to her by a friend...she said she couldn't do this beautiful enameled thistle button justice until the Funky Orchid mix came along. I couldn't agree more! Look how perfectly these colors reflect the purples and greens of thistle...it couldn't be better! Her Peyote is on-point, making this cuff look like liquid beadwork, really amazing.  Ignis, her cute kitty, likes to get cozy and cuddly while she beads, and really enjoys Emily's (and only Emily's) videos! Too funny...If animals could bead...



Now, hold on to your hats, gang...this is some 
wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am creativity and it blew me away. Tammy D. from San Jose, CA sent me these two incredible designs using our boho bib components. In the first, Tammy creates her own multi-fiber tassels and used the Flower Child connector as a pendant to hang them from. Aren't they just fantastic? These long tassels are so on-trend right now, and you can make your own out of fiber and chain like Tammy did, and I've seen leather used as well. To go with the colorful tassels, Tammy uses a rainbow of crystals and stones. The overall effect is just magical. (Click on any of these photos to see them larger, just FYI!)


Tammy also used our new Etched Agate beads and a Modern Woman bib component to create this sensational necklace. Everything from her stone and bead choices to her wirework is interesting, and a chain tassel hanging from the Greenware Vase makes quite a statement...the whole piece makes a statement! It's like something you'd see in a magazine for a fashion shoot...wow! Tammy used the freebies we sent out from BeadFest Philly back in August to make these, and they are finally available now on our website, here!

OK, that's it for now...I promise I have MORE coming soon! Keep sharing with me, I love seeing everyone's creativity, and I love to SHARE it even more!
Happy beading,
Drea





No comments:

Post a Comment

Flash Sale Friday...get creative!

Last week Kate went shopping for some special strands at a local gem show, and she brought back six stone strands she couldn't live with...